Community Engineer (Remote)
SigNoz is a global open source project with users in 30+ countries. We are building an open-source application monitoring which helps developers monitor their applications and troubleshoot problems, quickly.
In less than a year of our launch, we have reached 15000+ Github stars, 3500+ members in the slack community and 120+ contributors.
Software and digital systems are becoming larger parts of our daily lives. Most companies are becoming software companies with increasing part of value they create coming from software.
In such a world, having software systems functioning seamlessly is taken for granted. Think about last time twitter or slack went down. How irritated you felt.
We aim to solve this problem by providing software engineers better tooling to keep systems running smoothly. We believe there are lots to be done in this space and we need your help in building this future.
If you are developer who loves writing about what you are building and help other devs get started, this role may just be the right fit for you
- Opportunity to work in a global dev infra product
- Work on an open source product. Engage with the community. Evangelise the product.
- Founding team from IITs who are/have been devs themselves
- Backed by YC and some of the prominent VCs in the US.
Who would be a good fit
- 1+ yrs experience as a backend/devops engineer. Freshers with internships in software roles in Cloud Native domain are also welcome to apply
- Can get your hand dirty in codes in different languages and deployment methods (think k8s, docker). Not necessary to have deep knowledge, but enough to set up some sample apps
- Active in dev communities like Github or different dev focused slack communities. Open source contributions are a big plus.
- Curious and having a get stuff done attitude
- Good written English to communicate with the community
What you will be working on
- Helping SigNoz users and customers get successful with SigNoz
- Answer initial questions from users and customers, and bring insights back to the product team
- Help users out in setting up SigNoz and understand their use cases in our slack community
Seems like something right up your alley?
👉 Fill this Google Form. We will reach out to you if there is interest from the team in your profile
Feel free to include links to your GitHub, LinkedIn, Twitter, or blog posts in your application. Anything that helps us understand your background better.
Our process involves a short initial exploratory chat, followed by three interviews/discussions. The aim is for both sides to learn more about each other. The timeline is ~10 days unless you need more time.