SigNoz is an open-source application performance monitoring tool that helps you monitor your applications and troubleshoot problems. SigNoz uses distributed tracing to gain visibility into your software stack.
With SigNoz, you can do the following:
- Monitor application metrics such as latency, requests per second, error rates
- Monitor infrastructure metrics such as CPU utilization or memory usage
- Track user requests across services
- Set alerts on metrics
- Find the root cause of the problem by going to the exact traces which are causing the problem
- See detailed flame graphs of individual request traces
How Does SigNoz Work?
SigNoz collects data using OpenTelemetry, an open-source observability solution. Therefore, SigNoz supports all the frameworks and languages supported by OpenTelemetry. You can find the complete list of supported languages on the Instrumentation page of the OpenTelemetry documentation.
Then, SigNoz aggregates all the collected data, and you use the dashboard to see all the metrics and traces related to your application.
SigNoz includes the following components:
- OpenTelemetry Collector: Collects telemetry data from your services and applications.
- ClickHouse: An open-source, high performance columnar OLAP database management system.
- Query Service: The interface between the front-end and ClickHouse
- Frontend: The user interface, built in ReactJS and TypeScript.
To learn more about the architecture of SigNoz, see the Architecture page.
Perform the following steps to get started with SigNoz and instrument your first application:
1. Install SigNoz
2. Instrument Applications
The topics in this section provide details on using SigNoz to monitor your application.